JSE appoints leading investment professional to head up Cape Town office
- Johannesburg, 4 June 2018: The Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) is proud to announce the appointment of Allan Allison as the new Cape Town Office representative. The appointment comes off the back of the JSE's endeavor to continuously effectively service clients in the Western Cape.
- Allan joins the JSE team from African Harvest Fund Managers/Cadiz Asset Management, where he was Head of Dealing for 12 years. He brings with him a wealth of knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of financial markets, well cultivated relationships and more than 25 years' experience working at both local and international companies.
- Donna Nemer, Director, Capital Markets at the Johannesburg Stock Exchange says "we are very delighted that someone with his depth and breadth of market experience and expertise on the buy-side has joined the JSE team, proudly flying our flag as a Cape Townian whilst servicing our clients".
- In his new role, Allison will oversee the operations of the Cape Town office, which runs all JSE-related activities and events and is the first port of call for all our Cape Town clients and stakeholders – including member firms, buy-side, listed companies, product houses as well as other stakeholders in the Western Cape. He will also be working very closely with our team at the head office in Sandton, to ensure the continued success of the satellite office and raise the bar on client engagement and alignment.
ABOUT THE JSE
The Johannesburg Stock Exchange is based in South Africa where it has operated as a market place for the trading of financial products for 130 years. It connects buyers and sellers in equity, derivative and debt markets. The JSE is one of the top 20 exchanges in the world in terms of market capitalisation and is a member of the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE). The JSE offers a fully electronic, efficient, secure market with world class regulation, trading and clearing systems, settlement assurance and risk management. www.jse.co.za
- JSE contact:
- Pheliswa Mayekiso
- Media and Internal Communications Manager
- Tel: +27 11 520 7495
- Email: PheliswaM@jse.co.za
Tel: +27 011 520 7642