SAMVAL Code Compliance for non-technical professionals
Valuation of Mining Projects and Operations: A Workshop designed for non-technical professionals who sign off on mineral asset valuations within the mining industry.
- As a professional in the mining industry, take this opportunity to get up to speed on the 2016 SAMVAL Code and how it can be used to guide valuation in your company and/or projects.
- Presented by members of the SAMREC and SAMVAL Committees, this one-day workshop will introduce you to the SAMREC and SAMVAL Codes, Valuation Approaches and Comparable Transactions. Several critical case studies will be used to illustrate the more technical details of commodity-specific valuations and approaches.
Who should attend?
- • Non-technical professionals associated with the mining industry – accountants, corporate
advisors, investment analysts, etc.
- • Company Directors and Chief Financial Officers
- • Anyone involved in preparing or supervising the preparation of a financial valuation as part
of a Competent Person’s Report for a transaction or listing
What you will learn:
- • The SAMREC Code
- • The SAMVAL Code
- • The Diamond Guidelines
- • Valuation of Coal Properties
- • The Cost Approach to Valuation
- • The Market Approach to Valuation
- • Comparable Transactions
- • When is a Comparable Transaction Comparable?
- • The Discounted Cash Flow Approach to Valuation
Dates: 14 November 2019
Times: 08:00 - 17:00
Cost: R3, 800.00 per delegate ex VAT
Venue: JSE Limited, One Exchange Square, Gwen Lane Sandown 2196
For more information on the SAMCODES Standards Committee and on the Codes, visit the website:
Certificates of attendance will be issued. CPD points will be available.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book. Please note that space is limited so please book as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
By using a service provider to offer the courses, the JSE does not directly or indirectly endorse any product or service provided, or to be provided by the service provider.