The Auditors: Quo Vadis? - Where to from here?
Why should you attendThe external audit function is a key element of the combined assurance model in any listed entity. With the auditing profession being under severe pressure in the current climate internationally and locally it is essential for boards, audit committees, finance executives and company secretaries to understand the causes, current challenges and proposed solutions.
The course explores the background in leading to the current environment auditors operate, a general understanding of the audit profession, the role and challenges of audit profession faces and proposed solutions to these.
Who should attend?
The course is suited for financial and non-financial persons:
Executive directors and finance management team members
Audit committee members
What you will learn:
- · Understanding the history of the audit profession that has given rise to the current
- · The general objectives of financial reporting
- · Limitations of financial reporting
- · Expectations of stakeholders and the audit expectation gap that exists
- · The auditor as an assurance provider
- · International trends on the independence of auditors and shareholder rights in this regard
- · The relevance of external audit in the future
- · 28 Potential indicators of audit quality
- · Critical success factors
- · The auditor judgment rule
- · Guidance to audit committee members
Date: 14 March 2019
Time: 09:00 - 11:00
Venue: JSE, One Exchange Square, Gwen Lane, Sandton.
Refreshments will be provided.
To register or for more information: Registrations are currently open. Please contact
email@example.com for a curriculum outline or to book.
We are also able to offer one-on-one or group training, depending on your requirements. Please contact us to discuss our various offerings. If you would prefer a tailored training session to take place at your company premises, please let us know and we can tailor a training package to suit your requirements.
CPD points and training certificates will be issued for the attendance at the training
By using a service provider to offer the courses, the JSE does not directly or indirectly endorse any product or service provided, or to be provided by the service provider.