How B-BBEE Impacts your Business
B-BBEE Policy Session: This course was set up for those people who want an advanced understanding of how the B-BBEE policy will impact on the future of their business.
What you will learn
i. Leadership’s B-BBEE Paradigm
1. South African Economic history lead us here.
2. There is no single blueprint for Social Wellbeing but do we even have a plan?
3. The National Development Plan - South Africa’s economic transformation plan?
4. The National Development Plan and B-BBEE.
5. B-BBEE Pressure Matrix – Why companies respond differently to BEE pressure.
6. Your business case for B-BBEE and setting commercially informed targets.
7. The B-BBEE Certificate Strategy.
ii. Corporate B-BBEE roles and responsibility;
1. Government and Business;
2. Shareholders and the Board of Directors;
3. Board Sub-committees;
4. Chief Executive Officer;
5. Leadership Teams;
6. Centre of Excellence/Subject Matter Experts
7. Specialists; and
iii. Directors totally oblivious to the B-BBEE risk
1. Flirting with Fronting Practices.
2. Will your BEE Manager or your B-BBEE Auditor put you in prison?
3. The hands of power – DTI, SANAS and the BEE Commissioner.
4. Assessing Public Relations and Compliance Risk.
5. Managing the investigation process.
iv. Ownership Options
1. Legal Structure, Partner selection and Funding process.
2. Foreign Multinational and Local Ownership Options.
a. BEE Commissioner, DTI and SANAS position;
b. Setting-up and running Trust; and
c. Obligations of Trustees.
4. Funding and Net Value strategy..
5. The B-BBEE, Legal, Tax and IFRS Team.
v. Organisational Transformation best practice model.
vi. Monitoring, Measurement, Evaluation and Reporting.
vii. Return on Investment – Cost versus value evaluation.
Who Should Attend
• Company Secretaries
• Heads of CSI and transformation
• HR Directors
Date: 7 April 2020
Time: 09:00 - 16:00
Cost: R3 950.00 per delegate excl VAT
Venue: JSE, One Exchange Square, Gwen Lane, Sandown, Sandton
In addition, customised training can either be done at your company's premises or at the JSE. To register or for more information, contact Company Services at JSETraining@jse.co.za
The course delivery is subject to a minimum attendance. All attendees will receive a course certificate on completion and CPD points.
By using a service provider to offer the courses, the JSE does not directly or indirectly endorse any product or service provided, or to be provided by the service provider.