Market Data - The Pathway to Global Accreditation
The JSE is proud to present the Financial Information Associate (FIA) course from the Financial Information Services Division (FISD) of Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA). This two-day course provides a pathway to global accreditation. The associated exam is the first of its kind to serve the Africa and Middle East market data community with a globally recognized professional qualification.
The FISD FIA is intended for anyone who works with market and/or reference data including data users, salespeople and professionals in Information Technology, compliance, legal and administrative support. .
The course covers four central topics:
This thorough practical course will help you to fulfill your obligations by allowing you to apply the JSE’s Listings requirements in practice.
Who should attend
- The Markets
- Industry Trends and Issues
1. The Markets
All sessions will be held at the JSE Offices, Refreshments will be provided.
- Objective: Have a broad understanding of the markets that both generate and consume market and reference data. You will understand the different types of organizations and their various and diverse data requirements. You will also gain a broader understanding of markets in general, what is meant by financial intermediation, participants, the role of exchanges and more.
Key topics include Role of Financial Markets, the trade life cycle, Participants, the Buy and Sell side, Exchanges and Organizations, Role of Government, Central Banks and Regulatory Authorities.
2. The Data
- Objective: Gain an understanding of the data used in financial markets. You will learn how data originates, who delivers it, the many ways data is used and gain an understanding of the various commercial models and their charging structures. Key topics include Sources, vendors, types, standards, delivery and display, data uses, pricing, contractual terms, market, and reference data job functions.
3. The Technology
- Objective: Obtain a broad understanding of the various technologies that underpin the market and reference data communities. Key topics include Technology basics and terminology, data feeds, data distribution, applications, reference data and enterprise data management.
4. Industry Trends and Issues
Objective: Cover key issues and associated trends that are influencing the development and evolution of the market and reference data industry. Key topics include Market regulation and structure, commercial, contractual, economic and political considerations.
Dates: 29 & 30 October (2 Full days not optional)
Time: 09:00 to 17:00
Cost: R12, 500.00 per delegate excl VAT
CPD certificates will be issued for the attendance of the training .
Kelvin Thomson has over 19 year’s consulting experience in treasury technology and market data environments across Europe and Africa. The core of his experience stems from ICAP with specific project management expertise in wholesale banking and compliance. He also spent time with Dutch specialist treasury consultancy, Screen Consultants, undertaking market data consulting projects in the Benelux region. Kelvin is passionate about applying unique solutions that bridge the gap between business needs and technology. As a result, unbundling complex business challenges to ensure the design and delivery of real solutions for clients. Kelvin holds a Bachelor Banking Degree from the University of South Africa and is a registered Prince 2 Practitioner while holding an FISD Professional certification.
By using a service provider to offer the courses, the JSE does not directly or indirectly endorse any product or service provided, or to be provided by the service provider.