Practical case study based session to speak about the unspoken (Chatham House Rules) - VIA WEBINAR
- • Building effective relationships with the Board and the Chair to achieve improved overall
board efficacy (50-60 minutes)
- • Practical tips, including effective board communication
- • Identifying when things are going wrong
- • Identifying the battles that are not worth fighting and those that must be fought (inter
alia handling complex and sensitive material personal financial interests / conflict of
- • Using open board discussion / continuous evaluation Q&A’s for ongoing improvement
• Importance of diversity to enable better relationships and efficacy and tools to
facilitate/ enable (also in the context of Dec 2019 amendments to the JSE Listings
- • When the going gets really tough (50 - 60 minutes)
• CEO investigations and terminations
• Warning signs to look out for
• Importance of effective and robust whistleblowig mechanisms
• Practical considerations post CEO termination
• Rebuilding trust
• Remedial considerations attempting to limit risk
Dates: 7 July 2020
Time: 09:00 - 11:30
Cost: R13, 000.00 per delegate ex VAT
TRAINER’s BIO: CARINA WESSELS
Carina holds an LLB and two LLM degrees: Labour Law and Extractive industry law in Africa (cum laude), a Certificate in Advanced Labour Law (cum laude) and a PMD (cum laude). She is an admitted Advocate of the High Court of South Africa, a fellow and past president of Chartered Secretaries Southern Africa, as well as past president of the Corporate Secretaries International Association.
Carina is a seasoned executive having spent most of her career in mining (operational and head office positions in HR, business improvement, governance and legal). After joining Alexander Forbes in October 2017 she rapidly progressed through continuously expanding portfolios and since March 2019 serves as Executive: Governance, Legal and Compliance.
She is an experienced international and local non-executive director, audit committee member/chair, respected international speaker and published writer.
She was recognised in the 2019 CEO Global Pan-African awards as one of the most influential women in business and government in financial services (SADC South), shortlisted as general counsel of the year in events in both South Africa and Hong Kong and the Alexander Forbes legal team recognised in South Africa and Hong Kong.
She has again been shortlisted as general counsel of the year and the Alexander Forbes legal team for financial services in the In-House Community Awards for 2020.
The course delivery is subject to a minimum attendance. All attendees will receive a course certificate on completion and CPD points
Book your space today by completing the attached training registration form and send to
email@example.com Space is Limited.
By using a service provider to offer the courses, the JSE does not directly or indirectly endorse any product or service provided, or to be provided by the service provider.