Power hour - Learn about investing offshore with the JSE
South Africa makes up around 0.65% of the global GDP - a tiny fraction in the world of investment opportunities available to financiers.
While the practicalities of life and regulation, allow a lot of South African’s access to exceptionally high local asset allocation, we have responded to the growing local demand for offshore investments, with a range of innovative solutions. (is this true or is there only one solution?)
If you have more than 50% of your net worth invested locally, you can't afford to miss this Power Hour! As we share just how easy it is to get international exposure via the JSE and the benefits of accessing offshore markets locally, as opposed to going directly.
Rand Swiss Director and Portfolio Manager, Gary Booysen, will take us through the various ways in which you, as a local investor, can make offshore investments an easy option.
In the hour, you can look forward to engaging discussions around;
• The current state of the South African investment markets,
• The pros and cons of investing internationally via the local exchange,
• The various “offshore” JSE listed products available to South African investors,
• Some of the tax, exchange control and other regulation facing South African’s investing
• His favourite local “offshore” investment picks! Join us on 18 July 2019 and find out
everything you need to know about investing offshore… right from beautiful South Africa.
Date: Thursday, 18 July 2019
Time: 17h30 - 18h30
Venue: The JSE, 1 Exchange Square, 2 Gwen Lane, Sandton