This course was set up for those people who want a non-technical introduction derivatives.
What you will learn?
In this course, the presenter will explain derivatives in plain English and show that we use derivatives almost every day of our lives without even realising it. Furthermore he will demonstrate just how simple they actually are!
This course is set at the entry-level and its objective is to ensure delegates understand exactly what derivatives are in simple terms. The focus of this course is to ensure that delegates get to understand all of the jargon of derivatives, some different types of derivatives and most importantly why we use them. The presenter will also discuss some of the risks of using derivatives.
Some of the key topics learnt are:
- Getting to grips with the jargon of Derivatives e.g. long, short, delta hedge etc;
- The meaning of Spot vs Derivative.
- Forwards & Futures’s
- Interest rate Swaps and FRA’s
- Options and Options on futures.
- The concept of Credit Derivatives.
Who should attend?
- Compliance Officers
- Head of Operations
Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Cost: R6,000.00 per delegate ex VAT
CPD certificates will be issued for the attendance at the event.
Please contact JSETraining@jse.co.za to book. Space is Limited. Please book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
By using a service provider to offer the courses, the JSE does not directly or indirectly endorse any product or service provided, or to be provided by the service provider.
About the trainer:
Mark Raffaelli CFA,FRM
Mark is a practising CFA Charterholder and fellow member of the Global Association of Risk Professionals (FRM). Mark’s extensive experience includes:
• Trading in Spot & Derivative Products professionally. This includes Interest Rate Swaps and
Fra’s, Options FX etc.
• Fund & Bank consulting regarding valuations, curves, Var, surveillance and market abuse.
• Development of quantitative financial models for surveillance, performance attribution,
price validation, price models, risk and automation.
• Developments of Apps for the investment and insurance industry.
• Machine Learning and AI in the Financial Markets and general business.