The JSE Colocation facility provides the lowest- latency connection to JSE markets, allowing customers to host their infrastructure in the same vicinity as the infrastructure that drives the markets at the JSE. This will enable low latency trading strategies through high speed trading and market data access.
- Fastest Trading and Market data access to all JSE markets
- Average round-trip Colocation network latency is sub 100 microseconds.
- Reduced bandwidth requirements for connectivity to JSE.
- Reduced dependence on Telco providers.
- Resilient infrastructure throughout the environment.
- Remote hands available.
- All cables between the Hosting Units and the Colocation network switches are of equal length irrespective of the Hosting Unit position within the Colocation facility
- 10 Gigabits per second fibre trading connectivity from the Colocation facility to the Meet Me Room is facilitated as required via Cross Connects.
- Time Synchronisation will be offered via Precision Time Protocol (PTP).
Scalability, security and stability:
- Sub-letting is allowed
- Capability to build a further 35 racks with 10 of the 35 to be built in 2018.
- 24/7 year round Colocation facility environment monitoring.
- Biometric scanners, closed circuit cameras, on-site security, coded access, alarm systems, and more are installed for our client’s protection.
- Multiple backup generators and contingencies in place to ensure that there is never an interruption in service.
- 100% uptime of the facility