Listing on the JSE
The JSE lists approximately 400 companies on its Main Board and AltX and is well known for its world-class regulation, its access to deep pools of capital and the high participation of foreign investors. Today, the JSE is one of the top 20 stock exchanges in terms of market capitalisation and considered to be a gateway to investing in quality listed African companies.
The local and international investment community considers the exchange to be a mature, efficient, secure market with world class regulation, trading, clearing, settlement assurance and risk management.
In 2011, South Africa’s inward listing rules were changed to allow foreign domiciled companies to be treated as domestic listings. The lifting of these restrictions has been an important regulatory shift for the exchange and makes the JSE a more attractive listings destination.
Benefits of listing
- Enjoy local analyst coverage as well as high media interest, which helps to improve your corporate reputation and profile.
- Improve your capital raising ability, which can be used for organic growth or to fund acquisitions.
- Attract international investors who are easily able to trade in JSE-listed Shares without any restrictions.
- Trade your Shares securely and efficiently on our Nutron and Millennium IT trading systems.
- Be eligible for inclusion in the FTSE/JSE Africa Index Series, providing additional exposure for your company both locally and internationally.
- Market your business to investors with the assistance of the JSE Business Development Team.
- Enhance relations with many stakeholders such as banks, suppliers, distributors and customers.
- You can offer Share Option Incentives, which increases your ability to attract and retain high quality talent.
- Improve the quality of information available for decision-making. Listing compells the company to improve its reporting.
- Increase liquidity for investors and allows shareholders to realise the value of their investments through a public trading platform.
- Facilitate broad-based black economic empowerment (BBBEE) deals.
The JSE’s board for well-established companies seeking to attain the next level in growth.
The JSE’s board for promising, good quality small and medium-sized companies.