Compelling Investor Engagement on ESG
The number of institutional investors who now include environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in investment decisions is growing fast. Globally, 70% of institutions are integrating sustainable investing into their investment process*, mainly aiming to lower risk and grow returns. Companies are facing questions about ESG issues alongside questions about financials. Few companies are equipped to handle these questions. But a strong engagement strategy on ESG questions could grow your potential investor pool and achieve value recognition for your company. How do you turn the surging interest in ESG into a competitive advantage?
* Global Sustainable Investment Alliance, 2017
Topics covered in this interactive half-day course include:
• Why investors want companies to pay more attention to ESG
• Why ESG information drives so many investment decisions
• How boards can improve their shareholder engagement given growing investor demand
• How companies can assist institutional investors to understand their ESG story
• Anticipated trends in the ESG space
• How to put ESG into the centre of investment case
• Investor Relations teams
• Corporate Communications teams
• Company Secretaries
What will you learn
• How boards, executives and IROs should prepare for growing investor interest in ESG
• Key questions investors want answered in company reports
• How to include ESG drivers most effectively in your company investment case
• How do IROs extract the correct, credible information from ESG specialists in the company
Date: 29 November 2018
Time: 09:00 - 12:00
Cost: R4 500.00 per delegate excl VAT
Venue: JSE, One Exchange Square, Gwen Lane, Sandown, Sandton
In addition, customised training can either be done at your company's premises or at the JSE.
To register or for more information, contact Company Services at email@example.com
The course delivery is subject to a minimum attendance. All attendees will receive a course certificate on completion and CPD points.
By using a service provider to offer the courses, the JSE does not directly or indirectly endorse any product or service provided, or to be provided by the service provider.