Soy Complex Futures and Options
Soy Bean, Meal and Oil Futures and Options derivatives contracts reference the Soy Bean, Meal and Oil contract traded on the Chicago Board of trade (CBOT). The product gives local investors an innovative tool to hedge international price risk and the opportunity to better assess patterns in the global soy market. Contracts are cash-settled in Rands and easily accessed via JSE commodity derivatives members.
Who is this for?
Local market players seeking to protect themselves against adverse price movements should consider the JSE’s Soy Complex Futures and Options. These contracts can also be used by speculators hoping to make a profit on short-term movements or to benefit from the spread opportunities between the local and international market.
- The inclusion of international benchmarks enables effective price risk management
- Effective evaluation of both current and future world supply and demand for soybeans
- Enables identification of short and long term price and volatility patterns
- Hedge or gain exposure
- Enables oil crushers to hedge their exposure against international benchmarks
- Suitable as a risk diversification instrument
- The risk of loss may be unlimited given local and global environmental and socio-economic factors which can significantly impact the price of commodities
How to get it
To use Soy Complex Commodity Derivatives, just register as a client with an authorised member firm, deposit the required initial margin and sell or buy according to your needs.
- No limits apply to individuals, foreigners or corporate entities
- Pension funds and long term insurance companies subject to their 25% foreign allocation limits
- Asset managers and registered collective investment schemes subject to their 35% foreign allocation limits
- For the full details relating to qualifying factors, speak to your broker