Audit Committees under Companies Act and King IV
The JSE in partnership with CorpStat Governance Services (Pty) Ltd will be providing JSE Members and Company Secretaries with various Corporate Secretary training courses throughout the year. The second session is detailed below.
Who should attend?
- Company Secretaries
What you will learn:
1. Legal and Governance Framework
- a. The unique position of the audit committee (dual mandate - statutory and board)
- b. Companies Act requirements
- c. JSE Listings Requirements
- d. King IV recommendations
- the board and shareholders
- f. Internal and External auditors and the role of the Audit Committee
- g. The Audit Committee and the Integrated Report
- h. Evaluation of the Audit Committee
- i. Private companies – how best to approach audit committees
2. Audit Committee (and Risk Committee) trends
- a. Separate Audit Committee – or combined with Risk Committee?
- b. Is risk getting enough airtime at combined Audit and Risk Committees?
- c. Risk Committee trends
4. Some thoughts on the committee composition
- a. Work Plans
- b. Agendas
- c. Structuring of meetings
- d.Members and invitees
- a. How to update your audit committee charter to align to King IV
- b. New trends we have seen at audit committees
- c. Practical tips
Date: 05 November 2019
Time: 11:30 - 13:30
Cost: R2 250.00 per delegate excl VAT
Venue: JSE Limited, One Exchange Square, Gwen Lane, Sandton
The course delivery is subject to a minimum attendance. All attendees will receive a course certificate on completion and CPD points.
Please contact Company Services, email@example.com for a curriculum outline or to book. Space is Limited. Please book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
All sessions will be held at the JSE. Refreshments will be Provided.
By using a service provider to offer the courses, the JSE does not directly or indirectly endorse any product or service provided, or to be provided by the service provider.