The FISD FIA course. programme is intended for anyone who works with market and/or reference data including data users, salespeople and professionals in Information Technology, compliance, legal and administrative support.
- Overview of Financial Markets, Regulatory Frameworks and platforms,
- Understanding the Fundamentals of Market Data, its landscape and participants
- Analysing the Commercial Architecture of Market Data by Dissecting the Distribution Channels and Usage
- Overview of the Latest Technology Trends and Developments
- Become Exam-Ready for the FIA Certification
The course covers 4 central topics:
- The Markets (Have a broad understanding of the markets that both generate and consume market and reference data. You will understand the different types of organizations and their various and diverse data requirements.)
- The Data (Gain an understanding of the data used in financial markets. You will learn how data originates, who delivers it, the many ways data is used and gain an understanding of the various commercial models and their charging structures)
- The Technology (Obtain a broad understanding of the various technologies that underpin the market and reference data communities)
- Industry Trends and Issues (Cover key issues and associated trends that are influencing the development and evolution of the market and reference data industry)
NB: Once a student has completed the course with AFO and the JSE – AFO is able to offer a $75 discount off the cost of the Exam. The normal cost of the exam is $425 excl. What’s new is that in light of all the testing centres in South Africa being closed due to Covid19, students are able to take the exam online, at home.
Once the student has completed the course, they will need to go to the Webassessor website and book the exam. They can pay there and then with a credit card or alternatively they can purchase an exam code direct from the SIIA. There is a ‘request for invoice’ form that the exam taker can complete and send to AFO whereupon they will receive an invoice that their internal procurement department can pay. Once that’s paid – SIIA will issue an exam voucher code that can be used to purchase the exam on the Webassessor site. A certificate of completion will be issued.
|Online Session 1||TBA||Brief intro to Financial Markets/Market Data Management/What to expect from course|
|Online Session 2||TBA||The Markets Module (See FISD FIA 2017 syllabus: Pg 4 to pg 8)|
|Online Session 3||TBA||The Data (See FISD FIA 2017 syllabus: Pg 9 to Pg 19)|
|Online Session 4||TBA||The Technology (See FISD FIA 2017 syllabus: Pg 20 to P26)|
|Online Session 5||TBA||Industry Trends and Issues (See FISD FIA 2017 syllabus: Pg 27 to 29) & Appendix|
|Online Session 6||TBA||Full course Revision|
|Online Session 7||TBA||Final Exam Prep - Certificate Presentation|
Time: 18:00 to 21h15
Cost: R10, 000 per delegate ex VAT
The course delivery is subject to a minimum attendance. All attendees will receive a course certificate on completion and CPD points.
Please contact Company Services at JSETraining@jse.co.za to book. Space is limited. Please book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.