The JSE Training Academy in association with Advanced Fintech Options is proud to present the Financial Information Associate (FIA) - The FISD level 1 syllabus: FIA-Syllabus-V4.0 course from the Financial Information Services Division (FISD) of Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA).
The FISD level 1 syllabus: FIA-Syllabus-V4.0. programme is intended for anyone who works with market and/or reference data including data users, salespeople and professionals in Information Technology, compliance, legal and administrative support. The qualification is ideally suited for relative new comers to Market Data all the way up to more experienced practitioners looking to grow and validate their Market Data knowledge by obtaining a globally recognised qualification in recognition of their effort.
- Overview of Basic Financial Markets, Regulatory Frameworks and platforms,
- Understanding the Fundamentals of Market Data, its landscape and participants
- Analysing the Commercial Architecture of Market Data by Dissecting the Distribution Channels and Usage
- Overview of the Latest Technology Trends and Developments
- Become Exam-Ready for the FIA Certification and lay the groundwork for the FIA Data Licencing Module Level 2 course.
The course covers 4 central topics:
- The Markets (Have a broad understanding of the markets that both generate and consume market and reference data. You will understand the different types of organizations and their various and diverse data requirements.)
- The Data (Gain an understanding of the data used in financial markets. You will learn how data originates, who delivers it, the many ways data is used and gain an understanding of the various commercial models and their charging structures)
- The Technology (Obtain a broad understanding of the various technologies that underpin the market and reference data communities)
- Industry Trends and Issues (Cover key issues and associated trends that are influencing the development and evolution of the market and reference data industry)
NB: Once a student has completed the course with AFO and the JSE – AFO is able to offer a $200 discount off the cost of the Exam valid till the 30th June 2022. The normal cost of the exam is $500 excl. What’s new is that in light of all the testing centres in South Africa being closed due to Covid19, students are able to take the exam online, at home.
Once the student has completed the course, they will need to go to the Webassessor website and book the exam. They can pay there and then with a credit card or alternatively they can purchase an exam code direct from the SIIA. There is a ‘request for invoice’ form that the exam taker can complete and send to AFO whereupon they will receive an invoice that their internal procurement department can pay. Once that’s paid – SIIA will issue an exam voucher code that can be used to purchase the exam on the Webassessor site. A certificate of completion will be issued.
Session, date and agenda below.
|Session||Date||Day of the week||Time||# Hours||Topic|
|Session 1||9th November 2021||Tuesday||6pm to 9.15pm||3.25||What to expect & Basic intro to financial markets|
|Session 2||11th November 2021||Thursday||6pm to 9.15 pm||3.25||The Markets Module|
|Session 3||16th November 2021||Tuesday||6pm to 9.15pm||3.25||The Data Module|
|Session 4||18th November 2021||Thursday||6pm to 9.15pm||3.25||The Technology Module|
|Session 5||23rd November 2021||Tuesday||6pm to 9.15pm||3.25||Industry trends and Issues Module|
|Session 6||25th November 2021||Thursday||6pm to 9.15pm||3.25||Focus: Market Data Management and Best Practice & Course Revision Session 1|
|Session 7||30th November 2021||Tuesday||6pm to 9.15pm||3.25||Full Course Revision - Session 2|
Time: 18:00 to 21h15
Cost: R10, 000 per delegate ex VAT (book for 5 people or more from the same company and receive a 5%)
To book for this course, please complete the attached registration form and send back to [email protected]
By using a service provider to offer the courses, the JSE does not directly or indirectly endorse any product or service provided, or to be provided by the service provider.
Please contact Company Services at [email protected] to book. Space is limited. Please book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.