As an Investor Relations practitioner, you know that your role impacts the value of shareholder capital. Your ability to discuss the relationship of company numbers and business strategy enables you to talk to investors about performance and prospects. Not simply reciting numbers, you should be able to interpret the financial statements, translate them into a compelling narrative, and anticipate and respond to questions from analysts, investors and the media. To do this effectively, IR practitioners should have the financial understanding to form the bridge between the company and the investor and analyst. This session builds the skills you need to do so.
What will I gain?
- The key principles behind most commonly used valuation methods: a grasp of the fundamentals of the discounted cash flow valuation model and key sensitivities
- An awareness of risk and return parameters and non-financial considerations impacting investment decision making
- How to collaborate with Finance team to produce investor-friendly financial statements
- Insights from experienced, senior IROs as to the key issues that they encounter with regard to interpreting their financial statements.
- Opportunity to discuss challenges, experiences and questions.
Who should attend?
- Investor relations teams
- Corporate communications teams
- Company secretaries
- Finance and Human Resources executives
Dates: 29 June 2022
Time: 13:00 to 16:00
Cost: R5,850.00 per delegate ex VAT.
Venue: Virtual/ Online
CPD points and training certificates will be issued for attendance at the training.
Please contact [email protected] to book. Please note that space is limited so please book as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
If you would prefer a tailored training session to take place at your company premises please do not hesitate to let us know and we can tailor a training package to suit your requirements.
By using a service provider to offer the courses, the JSE does not directly or indirectly endorse any product or service provided, or to be provided by the service provider.