This programme is a fast-paced interactive day of awareness, fun, and development through blended learning methods. The day is designed to ensure participants gain insights on the day and chart a path of continual self-development and impact as a Director on Boards as well as building networks with other people that face similar successes and challenges. Having the required knowledge of the rules of the game, the required EQ, resilience, and self-determination are essential skills on how to best position oneself as a Director. These interactive sessions, with exercises and input from a variety of women in senior leadership and directorship roles, offer a blend of both theoretical and practical learning.
Who should attend:
- Senior Leaders
- Prospective Directors
- Board of Directors
- Board Committee Members
- Public Sector Officers
- Senior Managers
What you will learn:
- Rules of the Game - Understand the rules of the game to ensure your actions, that of the Board and the organisation are in line with regulatory compliance
- Key aspects of the Companies Act and the JSE Listing Requirements
- Best practice guidelines in terms of King IV, ISO 37000 and general best practices
- Showing up in the Boardroom:
- Individual EQ vs Boardroom EQ
- A view of your body language and being able to read the room
- Adding value as an individual and collectively as the Board
- Key behavioural distinctions in being an Independent Non Executive Director, Non Executive Director and an Executive Director - Making the shift and understanding the lane where you must swim
- Building Sustainable Organisations (Strategy to Monitoring to Accountability)
- Understanding the Board Cycle and Role of the Director in a year
- Practical exercise - Mock Board Meeting with feedback
- Charting your path of continual improvement and growth
- Time: 09:00 – 16:00
- Cost: R4,150
- Date: 08 August 2023
Trainer Profile: Click Here
In addition, customised training can either be done at your company's premises or at the JSE.
The course delivery is subject to a minimum attendance. All attendees will receive a course certificate on completion and CPD points.
To register or for more information, contact Company Services at [email protected].