The JSE Ventures Voluntary Carbon Market aims to advance South Africa and the greater African continent to accelerate the creation of carbon offset projects and help meet the demand for credits by emitters seeking to offset their emissions towards Net Zero commitments. The platform provides an efficient and transparent ecosystem that will promote the growth of the market and provide access to local and foreign participants.
Through this initiative local participants can buy or sell carbon credits and renewable energy certificates that are held in either local or global registries.
The JSE collaborated with Xpansiv, the premier infrastructure provider for global environmental markets, to bring to market the voluntary Carbon Market. Find out more about Xpansiv: https://xpansiv.com/jse-home/
Features and benefits:
- Provides access to a global platform to buy or sell carbon credits and renewable energy certificates.
- Functionality – Request for price, Auctions and spot trading
- Simplification - Simplification of processes and speed of transaction
- Market transparency - improved price discovery
- Market Aggregation -Aggregation of credits from multiple players create a centralised point for trading and improved liquidity.
- International Stakeholders - Improved flow across borders and industries through a global or regional platform
Who is this for?
Private and public companies looking to buy carbon credits to offset carbon emissions as well as project developers looking to sell carbon credits to gain returns from carbon reduction and avoidance projects.