Structured Products are securities whereby a derivative or combination of various derivatives or other strategies have been used by the issuer to achieve a specific investment outcome.
Who is this for?
Structured Products are used by institutional and private investors.
Types of Structured Products:
A wide variety of Structured Products exist, some typical structures include:
- Yield enhancement products
- Capital protection products
- Leveraged performance products
- Provides exposure to a variety of underlying instruments which include local and international focused assets.
- Structured Products have maturities of typically between 3-5 years
- Bought and sold during JSE trading hours, however, Structured Products are typically buy-and-hold instruments.
- Listed and traded in ZAR.
- Well regulated by the JSE.
How to get it:
- Open a brokerage account with an authorised JSE Equity member.
- Contact the issuer of the Structured Product