An actively managed certificate (AMC) is a non-interest paying instrument that pays the investor the performance of a basket of securities that is actively managed by a portfolio manager according to a specific investment mandate.
Who is this for?
AMCs are used by both professional and retail investors wishing to gain exposure to assets which are managed according to a specific active investment strategy, via listed instrument.
- Provides exposure to a variety of underlying instruments, local and international, which are managed according to an active investment strategy
- Issued by banks who are members of the Banking Association of South Africa and regulated under the Banks Act of 1990, or the equivalent foreign legislation in the case of foreign issuers
- AMCs promise the performance of the portfolio subject to any fees, if applicable
- AMCs have maturities exceeding 5 years from issue date
- Listed, traded, and settled in ZAR
- Market Maker presence
- Are well regulated by the JSE
How to get it:
- Open a brokerage account with an authorised JSE Equity member.
- Contact the AMC issuer
- Contact a financial advisor
For more information, please contact [email protected]