How to develop a compelling investment case for your company
Why should you attend?
- As an executive of a listed company, you are under pressure to continually communicate value and raise your company's profile in increasingly competitive global capital markets. You have an obligation to current shareholders to present a transparent and compelling investment case, while attracting potential investors to fund your growth projects. Developing and maintaining an impactful equity story is at the core of the Investor Relations role and requires a variety of expertise: sold financial acumen, a good grasp of regular compliance, robust communications and strategic thinking skills, just to name a few. It involves team work at the highest company level, breaking down organizational silos in order for your investment case to be endorsed by all stakeholders, internally and externally. Whatever the size of your company, you should not miss out on this opportunity to achieve optimal valuation.
- This interactive full-day course will explain what the attributes of a robust investment case are, both in form and content. Topics include:
- · Practical tips on how to present financial figures & key performance indicators while describing your company's market and operating environment.
- · Valuable insight into how to describe your company's business model, organization and strategic directions.
- · Ensuring the consistency of your investment case across multiple communications tools and on the occasion of major corporate events such as earnings announcements, mergers and acquisitions, rights issue or debt issuance.
Delegates will gain actionable knowledge from various South African and international examples. All are encouraged to bring their latest investor presentations for advice, experience and idea-sharing.
Who should attend?
- Investor Relations Team
- Corporate Communications Team
- Company Secretaries
- Senior executives in finance, legal, human resources
What you will learn
· The difference between disclosing too much and not enough
· What investors want… and don't want
· How to communicate earnings objectives
The course The course will be delivered by Anne Guimard, PhD, founder and President of FINEO Investor Relations Advisors & The School of Investor Relations. To this day, FINEO is the only Investor Relations firm in the world to offer comprehensive, highly customizable Investor Relations training programs. More than 1,500 companies in nearly 70 countries have been advised and/or trained over the past 20 years. FINEO has been providing Investor Relations training at the JSE since 2014 with satisfaction ratings exceeding 90%.
A trusted advisor to Boards and leadership teams, Anne is an internationally respected expert in Investor Relations and shareholder engagement and the author of several books and publications.
Dates: 18 November 2020
Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Cost: R11, 000.00 per delegate ex VAT
Please note that a 50% surcharge is applicable to agencies
The course delivery is subject to a minimum attendance. All attendees will receive a course certificate on completion and CPD points.
To register or for more information: Please contact JSETraining@jse.co.za
By using a service provider to offer the courses, the JSE does not directly or indirectly endorse any product or service provided, or to be provided by the service provider.